ABOUT ALTITUDE OCR
Altitude Obstacle Course Races are events held in high altitude environments.
Races achieve a minimum altitude above sea level of 2,438 m (8,000 ft) with obstacles included throughout the course.
Altitude is defined on the following scale:
- High altitude: 8,000 – 12,000 feet (2,438 – 3,658 meters)
- Very high altitude: 12,000 – 18,000 feet (3,658 – 5,487 meters)
- Extremely high altitude: 18,000+ feet (5,500+ meters)
Read about acclimatization to high altitude here.
Tips on preparing to high altitude are available here.
International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA) recommendations for traveling in mountain regions are available here.
WORLD SERIES & CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Altitude OCR World Series includes events in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania.
- Altitude OCR World Series Events and qualifiers area at High altitude
- Altitude OCR World Series Finals (Morocco) is at Very high altitude
- Altitude OCR World Championships (Tanzania in 2021) is at Extremely high altitude
The World Series Finals will be held in Morocco each year and the World Championships will change locations.
Each continent will have a world series event in 2022, extending to sub continents in 2023.