The policies of World Obstacle regarding transgender athletes follow the International Olympic Committee (IOC) recommendations and are under advice of the World Obstacle Diversity Committee. The IOC Consensus Meeting in November 2015 agreed that the following guidelines be adopted by sports organizations when determining eligibility to compete in male and female competition:
- Those who transition from female to male are eligible to compete in the male category without restriction.
- Those who transition from male to female are eligible to compete in the female category under the following conditions:
- The athlete has declared that her gender identity is female. The declaration cannot be changed, for sporting purposes, for a minimum of four years.
- The athlete must demonstrate that her total testosterone level in serum has been below 10 nmol/L for at least 12 months prior to her first competition (with the requirement for any longer period to be based on a confidential case-by-case evaluation, considering whether or not 12 months is a sufficient length of time to minimize any advantage in women’s competition).
- The athlete’s total testosterone level in serum must remain below 10nmol/L throughout the period of desired eligibility to compete in the female category.
- Compliance with these conditions may be monitored by testing. In the event of non-compliance, the athlete’s eligibility for the female competition will be suspended for 12 months.
1997 – current: Survivor (50 countries)
2014 – current: Broken Skull Challenge, Amazon, CMT
2015 – 2018: Ultimate Beastmaster, Netflix
2015 – current: Spartan Race Championship Series, NBC, Facebook
2015 – current: BattleFrog College Championship, ESPN
2016 – current: Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge, NBC2017 – current: Toughest Mudder and Worlds Toughest Mudder
2018 – current: Titan Games, Million Dollar Mile, CBS, Tough Mudder X (TMx), CBS
Other TV shows: Viking, Show Jumping, Double Dare, Total Drama Island, GUTS, Wipeout, Total Wipeout, The Krypton Factor, Bury, Splatalot, World’s Strongest Man