World Obstacle Competition Rules is the Master Source Document (MSD) for Obstacle Sports. Each obstacle discipline or event has specific rules that reference the MSD.
These documents are the official (authorised) reference documents and are maintained in accordance with recommendations by the World Obstacle Technical Committee and Competitions Committee and accepted by the World Obstacle Executive Committee.
- The World Obstacle Technical Committee (TC) will ensure technical aspects of World Obstacle competitions are of the highest quality;
- The World Obstacle Competition Rules specify the conduct and behaviour of athletes during World Obstacle competitions.
- The World Obstacle Event Organizers’ Manual and its related documents set safety and logistical standards for host National Federations (NFs) and for the Local Organizing Committees (LOCs);
- The World Obstacle Technical Officials’ (TO) Certification Program sets the standards for certifying World Obstacle Technical Officials;
The World Obstacle Competition Rules are intended to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality, and fair play;
- Provide safety and protection;
- Emphasize ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the athlete’s freedom of action;
- Penalise athletes who gain an unfair advantage;
Download a printable version of the full competition rules below: