MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATION
MEMBERSHIP / AFFILIATION
CLUBS, LEAGUES & ASSOCIATIONS
If you are seeking recognition as an international association, club, league or similar organization, please complete and return the Affiliation Request Form. Please note that affiliated organizations cannot operate only in one country (it must be a global organization with international members) and have no voting rights at the general assembly.
NATIONAL FEDERATION MEMBERSHIP
If you are seeking recognition as a national governing body (National Member Federation) for an Obstacle Sport or related discipline, instructions are available in the Joining Kit and Membership Criteria documents. You must complete and return the National Federation Membership Application to be considered for affiliation.
NF’s wishing to become a member of World Obstacle, need to meet the requirements detailed in the FISO General Statutes.
- Voice and vote at the World Congress
- Network and share information with FISO member national federations in over 100 countries
- Access and support with international standards, guidelines and policies
- Resources and support with established sport functions such as:
- Elite, youth, age group and masters athlete development
- Health, wellness, medical and safety – FISO has representation on ASTM developing international standards for obstacle sports and events
- Legal advice and support
- Coach and officials development pathways on the international education framework
- SafeSport (Safeguarding), Transgender, Diversity, Para and Anti-doping support (WADA compliance)
- International media and marketing
- Free athlete membership , event and medical platform
- Pathway for athletes to recognized international championships and multisport Games
- Approval for national teams at international competitions
- Representation on commissions, committees, and governance at continental and international organizations
Individuals wishing to have their say on how the sport is developed should join their national federation. The athletes are the members of the federations and they run all functions and facets of the sport. Being a member gives you a voice and vote on all aspects of the sport.
As a member, you can join committees, commissions, boards and be voted-in as an officer at any level, from national, to continental and international (World Obstacle).
The NF constitution must include clauses that:
- refer all unresolved disputes between the NF and World Obstacle to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS); and
- the NF has Anti-Doping Rules that comply with the WADA Code and World Obstacle Anti-Doping Rules.
World Obstacle will assist NF’s with compliance and governance structure.
GOVERNING BODY STATUS
The NF must be recognized as the governing body for the sport in their country or be working toward recognition. The applicable National Olympic Committee (NOC) and/or National Government Sports Agency (NGSA) must confirm this status.
NF’s working toward recognition may be granted membership provided they are actively seeking approval as their recognized national governing body for Obstacle Sports including Ninja, OCR and Adventure Racing.